Empower yourself to change situation in your life and the lives of others with prayer.Learn how to be your own Intercessor. When you learn how to be your own Intercessor, you will soon learn that it is really not about you but about God.

Sunday, April 03, 2005

Praying 101 (a)

While you are developing your prayer life.
The one important thing that you want to remember is that there is power in your prayer.
I know you are thinking that I am just starting this prayer thing and I don't feel very powerful but you have power.
What you want to do is learn how to increase your power.
Let me give you an example.
If you put a pot of water on the stove and put it on low the water will get hot.
It is going to take a while but the water is going to get hot.
Now if you want the water to heat up quickly you turn up the heat.

So lets turn up the heat in your praying....

One of the biggest mistakes that we make in praying is praying to the problem.
I am still guilty of this from time to time and I always have to catch myself.

Let me give you an example:
My teenagers are typical teenagers. With that said...

they fight with each other...
they rebel against things just to rebel...
they watch and listen to things that they should not...
etc...


Now sometimes I get caught in praying the problem by saying
Oh God why are they fighting
Oh God stop them from fighting
Jesus why are they rebelling
Oh God why won't they follow the correct directions
and on and on.

When I catch myself I pray
In the name of Jesus, I thank you for the love that they have towards each other. I thank you Father God for choosing each of them to be brother and sister to each other.
I thank you God in the name of Jesus that these two children are mighty children of God. I thank You that You have blessed their steps and that they are favored. I thank You God that anything that is not of You will never deposit and rest in their spirit. I thank You Father God that You are keeping harmful things from them.
In the name of Jesus, I thank You for what You have done in their live and what You continue to do in their lives.
Amen

Now can you see the difference in the two prayers.
The one that allows you to see things differently than what they are
these are the prayers that pack the most power.

Again, try to find scripture to back up what you are praying.
God always honors His word and His word catches His attention quickly.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home